FrequentlY ASKED Questions
- IPOPHL eTMFile
- 1. What is the IPOPHL Trademark Electronic Filing System?
- 2. What are the software / hardware requirements to use IPOPHL eTMfile?
- 3. Is there a need for registration to access the IPOPHL eTMfile?
- 4. When can I file applications using IPOPHL eTMfile?
- 5. Can I go to the IPOPHL to file my application online?
- 6. Can I file my online application in one of the IP Satellite Offices (IPSO)?
- 7. What do I need to prepare before filing an application online using IPOPHL eTMfile?
- 8. Do I need to submit a paper copy of the application?
- 9. What are the specifications for the reproduction of the mark (figurative, three-dimensional, stamped or marked container of goods)?
- 10. How will I know how much I need to pay?
- 11. What payment options are available?
- 12. How will I know if IPOPHL has received my electronic application and payment?
- 13. What will happen if I receive a confirmation receipt from the bank, but I do not receive an email from the IPOPHL three days after filing an application?
- 14. What is the filing date for an application filed electronically?
- 15. What is the difference between a small entity and a big entity? Is there a need for the submission of a document to prove that the applicant is a small entity?
- 16. How will I know whether the goods and/or services covered by my application are correctly classified?
- 17. What is a similarity report?
- 18. What attachments may be included in the online filing?
- 19. What if I upload the incorrect attachments?
- 20. Can I save my application and resume the electronic filing at a later time?
- 21. Do I need to submit a cover letter together with my electronic application?
- 22. What law or rules govern the electronic filing of trademark applications?
- 23. If I am not domiciled in the Philippines, can I or my company file an application?
- 24. How long will it take me to file the application electronically?
3. Is there a need for registration to access the IPOPHL eTMfile?
There is no need for registration to be able to file applications online. IPOPHL eTMfile is accessible to everyone.