FrequentlY ASKED Questions
- IPOPHL eTMFile
- 1. What is the IPOPHL Trademark Electronic Filing System?
- 2. What are the software / hardware requirements to use IPOPHL eTMfile?
- 3. Is there a need for registration to access the IPOPHL eTMfile?
- 4. When can I file applications using IPOPHL eTMfile?
- 5. Can I go to the IPOPHL to file my application online?
- 6. Can I file my online application in one of the IP Satellite Offices (IPSO)?
- 7. What do I need to prepare before filing an application online using IPOPHL eTMfile?
- 8. Do I need to submit a paper copy of the application?
- 9. What are the specifications for the reproduction of the mark (figurative, three-dimensional, stamped or marked container of goods)?
- 10. How will I know how much I need to pay?
- 11. What payment options are available?
- 12. How will I know if IPOPHL has received my electronic application and payment?
- 13. What will happen if I receive a confirmation receipt from the bank, but I do not receive an email from the IPOPHL three days after filing an application?
- 14. What is the filing date for an application filed electronically?
- 15. What is the difference between a small entity and a big entity? Is there a need for the submission of a document to prove that the applicant is a small entity?
- 16. How will I know whether the goods and/or services covered by my application are correctly classified?
- 17. What is a similarity report?
- 18. What attachments may be included in the online filing?
- 19. What if I upload the incorrect attachments?
- 20. Can I save my application and resume the electronic filing at a later time?
- 21. Do I need to submit a cover letter together with my electronic application?
- 22. What law or rules govern the electronic filing of trademark applications?
- 23. If I am not domiciled in the Philippines, can I or my company file an application?
- 24. How long will it take me to file the application electronically?
14. What is the filing date for an application filed electronically?
The filing date is the date when the full payment was made (either online or over-the-counter).